View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 12:13 PM
ZebraCritic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
pow?
Player of the Week.....Someone sent me the criteria and now knowing what it is, Blasko winning it is a crock! Don't get me wrong I think Blasko is a very good player and he did have a great week of hockey...but...he did it to Kemptville and Gloucester and the Braves LOST to Gloucester in the process....My mother gets 2 pts against the 73's if she plays!!

At least Clitsome had his points against Ottawa and CP, who I think everyone must admit are much stronger opponents than the Rangers or the 73's OR Millen who although 1 of his shutouts came against the lowly 73's did follow it up with another against PLK and in their barn (which is always a tough win let alone a shutout and regardless of them being somewhat shorthanded). These 2 shutouts were also done on successive nights!!

I also think that defencemen get jobbed regularly in the POW honours, so how about Cp Canadians 16 yr old rookie dman Kelly Summers, who, in the absense of Weidauer, logged considerable minutes with 4 points, 3 of which came in a win against a Nationally ranked team in the Bears. If you factor in a calander week (sun-Sun) Summers actually had 7 pts....The award is based on a Mon-Sun sked. Regardless I take 1 of those 3 over Blasko this week going away! Again nothing against Blasko, who is a heck of a hockey player.

Just my Opinion....anyone else see another kid who might be more deserving?