Thread: Prospect Info: 2012-2013 Prospect Talk PART IV
View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Degeneration Rex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Agreed, it really wouldn't hurt his development to be eased into the NHL with time in the AHL. The question is not about his skills, it's about his physical development. The more time he's afforded, the better in the long run IMO.

Nelson's rapid ascent is directly going to affect Strome. He very well could push Strome to the AHL (which would probably be best for him anyway) because he's more physically mature and much more NHL ready. I figured Strome was a shoo-in for a spot on the Isles next season, but I didn't think Nelson was going to develop this quickly. Like I've said before, it's a great problem to have 2 high end center prospects.
Agree, Strome is making excellent progress but is not ready yet (I'll get a better look when I see him play vs Belleville and Sudbury next week). Still needs another step to his skating. While not really heavier, he did play stronger than in the past last night and he worked hard to get back and play well defensively. Also agree that Brock has come on so fast and will ready NHL ready before Strome is.