View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 11:40 AM
caley

vCash: 500
I've been quite fascinated with this guy (despite never seeing him play) because of his size. Came across the write-up on a blog and now my interest is really piqued. I'm curious if he's one of these draft year risers (Like Scheifele, Huberdeau, Ryan Johansen) and we might see him crack the Top 10 largely because it's a not as strong a year for defencemen as the past few.

Quote:
10. Darnell Nurse - Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds
Truthfully, it seems like it's mostly a confidence boost. I'm seeing a totally different player out on the ice this year. And that's to be expected, considering Nurse is a talented sophomore. If he wasn't receiving consideration for this list, some red flags would likely need to be thrown. Offensively, he's so much more involved. He not only leads the rush and quarterback's the powerplay, but he's also aggressive in jumping up in the attack looking for scoring opportunities. Defensively, he's still a bit raw, but his confidence in using his size has skyrocketed. He's become a physical force and is tossing aside players with conviction. I'm sure added strength this offseason also plays a part in these improvements too. The key will be maintaining this level of play once he's bumped down the depth chart following the return of Ryan Sproul.
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/

caley is offline   Reply With Quote