View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 11:45 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
Stewie and I baked cookies last night and took some to a couple of the veterans in the neighborhood. Guy down the street is an 87-88yo WWII vet, still independently living with his wife of 60+ years, although both have slowed considerably with age - I helped him up after he fell in his driveway mid-summer and bloodied himself. Guy on the corner is ~83yo Korean vet & purple heart recipient. Neighbor was wounded during a particularly hellish all-night shelling while coming to the aid of his wounded CO, a 25yo West Point grad LT, who eventually died in his arms. (Coincidentally, two of my neighbor's grandsons are service academy graduates.) Via the internet and veteran's reunion groups, my neighbor was contacted by the deceased LT's grandson a few years ago, interested in learning more about his KIA grandfather. My neighbor invited them to town and hosted them for a week, gratis.

Belated thanks to all veterans, of all ages, who either served or are serving, home or abroad, during conflict or peace.

Good for you, BG. Good example to set for Stewie too.

IMO, much better way to spend Veterans Day than talking down to women just because you have money. *grumble*