Thread: Proposal: islanders - black hawks
View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 12:46 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
At the end of this season, assuming Nelson finishes at or around a PPG clip as an AHL rookie, I'm not sure how much higher his value could get. IMO he already passed Bjugstad with his play last season, and is entering the Charlie Coyle/Mark Scheifele range of top-center prospects now with his development so far this year. If he holds this pace or even a slightly less one, I don't think it would be a stretch to put him in that category. Those guys have a lot of value, and I don't think Brock is/will be any different come the end of the year.

He'll be a big, skilled 2nd-line/potentially 1st-line center, who would arguably be NHL ready or close to it after coming off a tremendous rookie AHL season. Add a 1st or another solid prospect to that and I wouldn't be surprised if that package brings back an in-his-prime top-3 defenseman.

I suppose we could let him get some NHL action first to see if his value could get even higher, but if he struggles his value could end up taking a hit.

I'd think Nelson's value would be higher, if he follows up a strong AHL season, with solid NHL play.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote