View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Ari91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Hasn't there been talk about Molson discussing compensation for the lockout with the league?
The quote from Molson was:

Quote:
ďThere will be some redress for us as a result of this. I canít quantify that and I donít know because I donít know the scale of how long the lockout is going to last.Ē

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Mo...#ixzz2C7uGqm4z
Redress in this manner refers to 'making amends' or 'to set right'. To say that there will be redress for us seems more likely that there is already an agreement in place where Molson will be compensated once the lockout is over rather than to say that Molson will seek compensation from the league.

I'd find it hard to believe that the league would institute a lockout and not provide their sponsors with any sort of potential redress for money lost to their business because of the lockout. It would just seem like bad business practice not to address those issues beforehand or early on in the lockout. If there wasn't some sort of acknowledgement by league and sponsors, I'd imagine that news of sponsors putting pressure on the league would be running rampant by now.