View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Interesting that you would say this because as i recall, you were a Renney fan who led the team into the sewer and got nothing out of secondary players yet Nelson who got the most out of his team last season and led them to the WCF is a bum. I find that interesting.
Care to explain?

FTR, i was never a fan of bringing in Nelson as the next Oilers coach just yet but he has done a fine job down there, don't know why you say otherwise.
I'm always a fan of tactical, learned, coaches. From Sather, to MacT to Hugh Campbell I like the thinking mans coach and always have.

NHL players are always interested in learning more about the NHL game and will pay attention if theres a block of knowledge to be found that will help them play their NHL game. Its quite possible to have that in the AHL. But that coach needs to be a better student of what will succeed at the highest levels of hockey. I don't think Nelson is that guy. I've gone on length why I think that. If people want to disagree with that fine, let me know what you think Nelson does well as a coach. Let me know what he brings to the table for the NHL Players on this club. Let me know what they can learn from Nelson. Because what I'm seeing is very little.