View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Ludwig Fell Down

vCash: 500
I'm wondering at this point what the range of possible resolutions are. Here is where I think everything stands.

1. Lease renegotiated, Jamison has investors lined up, new CBA agreed upon, NHL selsl to Jamison, team stays.

2. Jamison deal falls through, and absent mystery owner #4 appearing, NHL contiues to owe the team. As I understand it, the AMF has been extended in 30 day intervals and would need to be extended for a season by the new Powers that Be in the CoG.

3. Jamison deal falls through, and absent mystery owner #4 appearing, NHL contiues to owe the team without a new AMF subsidy, and covers all losses for this season. Seems even more far-fetched as #1.

4. Relocation. Also far fetched because the time between CBA signing and the start of the season will be a couple of weeks.

5. Contraction.

Any other possibilities, or any holes in any of the above potential outcomes? I only see 1, 2 and 5 as possible. I can't remember who mentioned contraction first back in the spring (CF?), but it seems more and more plausible as we move closer to a potential CBA resolution and with the new city government.