Old
11-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSurge View Post
Don't play hockey then?!?!?!?!? It's the same thing in racing. In racing, it could be the last time you strap into the car. Every driver knows the risks that are involved with it. It doesn't matter if it's a 7 year old in a go kart or a 32 year old in a super late model blasting around local tracks. If you don't want the risk, don't do it.
I never really get this argument. Why not play hockey *and* be safe... safer? Why not *reduce* the risks where possible? And why leave the decision up to a 7 year old go cart driver or a 16 year old hockey player who might not really be in the best position to assess the risks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
I have seen a difference in how most players are dealing with opposing players near the boards. They're slowing down and pinning players against the boards rather than plastering them. They're not going for the questionable hit (for the most part) but the solid, clean checks. Pat Sieloff in Windsor hits like a truck, but while I haven't seen every game he's played, the hits I've seen have been clean. It can be done.
I sort of feel like maybe fewer players are trying to take advantage in terms of putting themselves at risk too. Maybe it's getting there, but it's a long process, and also includes levels below the OHL. I don't think it's fair to question Branch's intentions or accuse him of hypocrisy or bias or anything. He may have a different agenda than some/many fans have, but I do believe he's trying his best to accomplish his goals, and in a way that is less dramatic than he might otherwise have.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote