View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Tim Wallach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
Golden!!

Recchi is a part owner of a junior team so he also knows what it takes to run a business like Jagr.

Today even Lebrun is somehow suggesting that Fehr wants the NHL to pay for the lost revenues because it's the league who locked the players out.
I said from Day 1 that when I heard the name Donald Fehr involved, I knew it would be armaggedon for our sport. He is the worst possible thing for the fans of a sport wanting balance and an even playing field.

And as a negotiator he is the pinnacle of frustration for his counterparts as he's a moving target. You think you're arguing one thing and all of a sudden, he's arguing a completely different point. You think you've satisfied his main bellyache and he suddenly has several others.

I'm sure the players were wooed by his tough reputation and take-no-crap background, but I strongly believe he is going to see to it that everyone loses in this debacle. And if by some miracle he gets what he wants from the NHL, the fans lose as every point he is arguing leads to a less fair system. "Player contracting rights" refers exclusively to players picking and choosing who they play for. Goodbye viability of most teams.