View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 01:58 PM
The Saurus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Like to pump Corrado's tires in this thread.

Looked better than every defensman in this series so far not named Douggie Hamilton.

Not just because he scored a goal either.

Plays much more composed game than R. Murphy, has a harder shot than Ceci and is a better all around defender.

He's 2nd on the Wolves in points and he's a Dman, logging heavy minutes on what seems to be a fairly weak offensive team.

After all that, I can now mention his skating....its as good as any, if not better than any defensman we've seen in the series and on 'big ice' that will be another factor in him having a chance.

IMO there are 3 locks: Hamilton, Murray,and Harrington...I would say from the players we've seen so far, Corrado and Ouelette were the best so far.

Dumba, Rielly, and Reinhart are probably the 3 from the WHL with the best chance to make it (outside shot Pulock impresses too).

I'd like to see the blueline look like this:

Murray-Harrington
Hamilton-Corrado
Rielly-Dumba
Ouelette

Although, I always prefer players to play their strong side so Murray could play with Hamilton and Corrado could shutdown with Harrington (was dissappointed they didn't try it last night).

Hopefully HC pays less attention to draft position than HF does.

I admit bias as a Canucks fan, but I don't see how anyone can't be impressed with Corrado's development since his draft year, and his high level of play to date.

If the NHL starts back up, he might not even be available....that's how impressed Canucks' brass is with him.
He's not making the WJC squad.

Morgan Rielly, Matt Dumba, Dougie Hamilton, Ryan Murray, Scott Harrington, and a few others are all much, much better players / options than Frank Corrado.