Old
11-13-2012, 02:17 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
[/B]

Yeah, if this nonsense of being singled out or "targeted" for physical play continues, it could hamper his development some. He'll have to be less physical and concentrate more on positional play and honing his offensive game. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but you don't want him losing his appetite for destruction either.

With his obvious love of hitting, I wonder at what point he starts to regret not giving some serious consideration to joining the Kitchener Rangers who I believe hold his CHL rights.
I doubt that the NCAA officials will actually target him much differently than a CHL official, TBH. I think sometimes officials make the wrong call, and when it's fast paced and you have something like that, the officials will rather error on making the wrong call than not making a call that should have occured.

Also, NCAA (especially the CCHA) as a whole is not a bad developmental route, especially for defensemen who tend to take longer. There are problems in all type of developmental leagues:
http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1133