View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 03:02 PM
domdo345

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Going into the season we all thought this, but Mayer has been in beast mode. Even if it is a fluke Desjardins isn't going to give us much more than the Mayer we've seen this year.

Mayer has hardly been letting in soft goals, it's just that the Dogs aren't very good.
that's exactly what I mean. I am not saying Mayer is better than Desjardins, I am saying that given the way the team has played, and the way Mayer has played, Desjardins won't make a difference. Anyway this is a developmental system. Winning 1-0 or 2-1 because Desjardins is playing god mode won't change the fact that the team in front of him is playing poorly, particularly on offense. I couldn't care less how Desjardins will fare in Hamilton, we already have Price and a back up goalie is easily obtainable in the NHL. What I do want, is the offense to spend a little more time in the offensive zone to give a rest on our back-end rookies. Beaulieu only has 1 assist, but given how the PP is doing, and how much time is spent in the Ozone, we can hardly blame him. (His shot needs to be more accurate)