View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 03:09 PM
ORYX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Caught that game last night on the NotTheNHL Network, and it was my first time seeing Canadian Junior hockey (sucks to live in the Southern U.S.)...

... all I have to say is: WOW, that's some good, hard hockey right there. I can't agree with all of the taking runs at people, but the game was fast-paced and exciting, and I will be making a concerted effort to catch the final games of the series.
Glad you liked what you saw for the most part!

Most games you will see will not feature as many runs as there were last night. Thats normal in a game like this however because a player is trying to showcase his talents to those who select the WJHC team for Canada. A player like Tom Wilson is a crash and bang guy, so he needed to play on the edge last night in order to have been taken note of.

Also, you typically wont see as much sloppy play in a regular CHL game. Of course these were the OHL's best Canadian players, however it is a team who gets one practice before playing (although some have played with eachother in international or club teams).

Aside from that, it was pretty fast-paced in both directions. The Russians certainly make their chances count. Winning one game with 18 shots, and losing the other with similar shot total, but they prey on the mistake and pounce.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote