View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Hanklite*
Bettman's Bro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Does a BILLIONAIRE OWNER really need a rule in place to stop him offering a 7 year contract??? Just don't offer the damn thing in the first place...problem is the OWNERS offer these contracts and then say "Hey that contract is too long or too much" HYPOCRITES!!!

An don't say well if they don't do it that they can't compete! Ryan Suter is a great D but far from worth 10M...Minnesota would have been better off with 2 $5M D than 1 $10M D...that is their own fault!!! Even if you think that they still need to do that to compete, you don't financial bankrupt your team because you have to win. Its a gamble...you either try to win and pay the price or you take a different approach maybe win and save yourself financially!!!!!!
For you can not see the forest for the trees...

Oh hey that's fine, go ahead and sign your star player to a lifetime contract, I will just hope mine stays with me for his entire career with these 2/3 year deals...
("So my buddy Ovechkin just got a 13-year deal. I want that same deal or else I am leaving this club")

The NHL is tied to each individual club. One owners actions impact everybody else.

Hanklite* is offline   Reply With Quote