View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 04:34 PM
That

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
I don't understand the obsession with small, weak forwards. Surely we've had enough of those over the past 25 years???

We need to get solid, good sized, talented forwards. Enough smurfs. Monahan, Lazar, Kerby Rychel, are all solid tough skilled players. MacKinnon would be an obvious choice... Erne, Barkov would be great as well.

Time to get bigger though, and I really like the thought of Monahan/Galchenyuk up the middle.
I agree with this for the most part. We need more big, strong guys who can put the puck back in the back of the net. However, when you have a high pick, you take the best player available. If that's a tough skilled player, good. If not, that's good too.

I would love a Wilson/Biggs/Matteau type player in the organization, I just don't want to use a first round pick on a player like that (Wilson is a special case though, he's definitely worth a 1st rounder). Especially since you can find a lot of similar players in later rounds like Ritchie, Leivo, Camara, etc. Personally, I want to get someone with a bit of crazy in them like Zack Kassian. You needs guys like that on your team. Problem is that they are so rare and more than likely going to be a high pick. It's why I like the Dalton Thrower pick so much.

Draft candidates this year? Kerby Rychel certainly ain't one of them. Last night was the most physical I think I've ever seen him play. He's not a powerforward and not the most skilled guy either. He does have a good wrister and an excellent nose for the net. Certainly not someone I would throw in the solid tough skilled players category.

Lazar would nice though. He'd look fantastic on this team. Centre depth of Galchenyuk/Lazar/Eller be would awesome. Skilled, big and defensively responsible.

Last edited by That: 11-13-2012 at 04:46 PM.