View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 04:40 PM
NicoSB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
I don't agree with your points here. The quality of hockey in the Eliteserien, SM-Liiga, NLA, DEL and Czech Extraliga is close, ZSC beating Linköping, Slavia and Blues is not a miracle as any of those teams are capable of beating each other. Beating a KHL team is an upset, but it's not a Basel over Man U level of upset either.
As I already mentioned, ZSC beat Metallurg in the finals that happens to be a KHL team. Although KHL had only been launched a couple of months before everyone knew that ZSC were the biig underdog, especially because of the media. Hockey had and has rarely been shown in freetv but Swiss tv did well on that chance.
I am quite surprised by the numbers you're giving, so perhaps I have to reconsider my point of view.

Regarding European Trophy I must admit that it is more likely a preparation tournament but diehard fans would never ever miss this rare chance of watching international games but if I may take the ET thread over here as a indicator it doesn't seem like there is a big interest in watching them. However, Red Bull Salute should be more serious business but we'll know soon.

Last but not least I have to agree with. your points about finances but no one knows if there will actually be a successful tournament.

NicoSB is offline   Reply With Quote