View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 04:53 PM
Oshawa General

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
I said from Day 1 that when I heard the name Donald Fehr involved, I knew it would be armaggedon for our sport. He is the worst possible thing for the fans of a sport wanting balance and an even playing field.

And as a negotiator he is the pinnacle of frustration for his counterparts as he's a moving target. You think you're arguing one thing and all of a sudden, he's arguing a completely different point. You think you've satisfied his main bellyache and he suddenly has several others.

I'm sure the players were wooed by his tough reputation and take-no-crap background, but I strongly believe he is going to see to it that everyone loses in this debacle. And if by some miracle he gets what he wants from the NHL, the fans lose as every point he is arguing leads to a less fair system. "Player contracting rights" refers exclusively to players picking and choosing who they play for. Goodbye viability of most teams.
Have to agree with you, Donald Fehr set Major League Baseball back 5/6 years, it took a steroid scandal to get fans back, you would think the players would have learned with Goodenow, they're going down the exact same path, they're drinking the same coolaid again, wake-up, no one gains when you're not collecting salary.
In business, whether the players like it or not, it's the people with the Money that have the power, no matter what Donald Fehr says. This stalemate will drag on until someone in the PA, with any leadership skills, stands up and says, enough is enough, what are we fighting for here???? Jerome Iginla lost $7 million the last lock out, he may lose another $ 7 Mil, this time around, ($14 Mil, total) how is he gaining listening to Fehr??