Thread: Subway Series
View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I think you are referring to my comments on Yakupov.

I don't know what he will become, he's got the junior numbers to show that he should be a top NHL player. He's also put up some decent numbers in a limited number of games in the KHL.

IMO, he hasn't done much in this series. I've read a million excuses on the Oilers board. Travel, line-mates, coaching, extra attention, junior coach passing away, etc. At the end of the day, besides two gift goals, he hasn't done much. Or I should say, he hasn't done as much or looked as good as a 1st overall, future Stamkos / Tavares, HF darling should look IMO.
I agree.

It will be interesting to see how he fits in with the Oil once the season starts at some point. Ryan Murray thought he was going to be an Oiler (so did his family) and it seemed like a surprise when he the oil took Yakupov. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall with those discussions. Murray seemed like such a good pick for them, even with Schultz soon to be in the fold. Can't put my finger on it, but Yakupov just doesn't seem to fit with the Oil. He might be a HoF player like Bure one day, and be another Oiler legend, you never know. I really interested to see how he fits within their group and how he contributes.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote