View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Tinalera

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
I think you forgot the most likely scenario, based on past history. The COG will approve the lease by majority vote of council, and then there will be a flurry of legal and political activity (including the launch of a referendum campaign to overturn the ordinance). Everything will go into a frozen and confused silence without any obvious movement towards a sale of the franchise or consummation of the lease agreement by actually signing it. The NHL will try to get Glendale to pay even more money to subsidize the management and operation of the arena this season by threatening imminent relocation, and so on, and so on.

No worries about the payment plan for the NHL subsidy over the past two years. The annual sales tax revenues from the new Tanger outlet will cover that over the next couple of decades. I'm pretty sure that was in the long term plans for the Tanger development anyway. It was to generate sales tax to pay for 2 years of subsidies to the NHL.
Why doesn't Tanger just buy the Yotes then, problem solved!

Oh, wait sorry, batteries died in sarcasm detector....

I must say I'm rather impressed at the Tanger situation, I would say that putting 80 plus stores in an area where there hasn't been a whole lot of success, in the midst of some very trying economic times-either they know something we don't, or they're taking a HUGE gamble that will either make them like geniuses or like......not geniuses.....