View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Macman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
Actually, the only two times that I've seen him were last week in this series. All I knew about him was what I read on posts on this board. He seems like a really good kid, but he impressed me as a bit of a hot dog who doesn't always realize that he has teammates on the ice with him. Sort of like Yakupov. I noticed that he did a lot of end-to-end rushes in which he dances on his skates and whips his stick back and forth with lightning speed on the stickhandle. It's genuinely hard to skate and stickhandle like that and control the puck, which is why it was relatively easy for the Russians to stand up on him and force him outside along the boards, where he was out of the play. Nothing serious, but a little Yakupov-style showboating.

Where MacKinnon was able to hurt the Russians was in front of the net. He obviously reached physical maturation at a very young age, and he is very strong on the puck for a 17-year old. He got a goal in Game 2 by being strong on his stick and using really good hands. In my opinion, he's not close to Huberdeau yet, but he's better than anyone on Team Ontario, and will no doubt make the trek to Ufa.
He's a better playmaker than he generally gets credit for, but not in the classic sense of a playmaking centre. He comes off the sideboards or out of the corner a lot and either shoots or passes off. Example, the nice goalmouth feed to Huberdeau for his goal in Game 2. I hope you're right about Ufa. He'll definitely be there if the lockout ends, but should be there regardless. Four points in Game 2 against a very good Russian team says a lot.

Macman is offline   Reply With Quote