View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 07:11 PM
HockeyFan87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Here we go again

Anyone would be excited by the best ppg '13 draftee in the entire CHL... but hey, because he's Quebecer, we shouldn't be excited by him.

Stop insulting us, we know our hockey.
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to insult you, nor anyone in this site. But I dare anyone to say that I'm wrong when I say that there's often some bias when evaluating the true value of quebecer players here. I don't deny Drouin skills because he has skills but the thing is people here talk of him like he was in the same class as MacKinnon, Barkov and Monahan and to me, that's just not true, at least not yet.

Congratulations to him for being the best PPG '13 draftee in the entire CHL but that to me, just doesn't mean everything. The QMJHL is the league where there's the most space on the ice for the forwards to do what they want because It's the less physical league of the 3 leagues of the CHL. As a result, some finesse players who avoids the physical play can really shine in that league. For example, a player like Grigorenko has a scoring pace of 2 PPG, for me It doesn't mean that he will be a better player in the NHL than what he projected to be at the draft. So, for me, while Drouin is dominating in the Q, I still have doubts about how his tricks and style of play will fare in the NHL.