View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 07:41 PM
That

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
A question for the experts,

I've often read that the 2013 top-5 would blow last year's top 5 out of the water, but that's the sort of hyperbole people write.

Where do you think Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Murray would be in this year's discussion?

If we draft top-5 this year, do you expect Galchenyuk to become our second best prospect, or do you think it will be too close to call?
I'm obviously not an expert, but I love these projections type posts, so I'll give it a shot.

I think Mackinnon is the pretty clear #1, followed by Yakupov as the clear #2. Then Jones at #3 and from there it's up in the air. Murray, Monahan, Galchenyuk, Barkov, Lindholm, and Drouin could slot in any order. Reinhart, Rielly, Shinkaruk, Pulock, Ristolainen, and Lazar in the next tier.

Unless we draft Mackinnon or Jones than I think that Galchenyuk will still be our #1 prospect. Might not be as clear cut though. I feel that Monahan, Barkov, Lindholm and Drouin all are players with similar upside, but Galchenyuk is closer to reaching the NHL than all of those players (except Monahan), so the edge has to go the "superior" player at that point.