View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Not sure that I'd classify either as "really good 3rd line centers". Both have been anything but good of late IMO. Belanger is good on the PK and in the dot, but putrid offensively, Horcoff isn't really great at much of anything at this point.
3rd liners don't really need to provide much offense. They do need to be able to provide steady and consistent defensive play, something Belanger wasn't very good at last year, and actually looked overwhelmed and fustrated by the role of a defensive center on a bad team.

Not that it matters. Stauffer has been pumping the "dump Belanger" line for a while, and there were some rumors a while back he was a bad teammate in the room(something that was around before the oilers signed him as well) - so he probably won't be around much longer regardless. Which is too bad, because while I agree with you that neither Horcoff or Belanger are good 3rd line centers, I'd rather keep Belanger out of the two of them since he can actually win faceoffs consistently, while providing providing similar play to Horcoff at a much lower price point(aka, that of a medicore 3rd line center, or above average 4th line center).