View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 09:01 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
The teams that would want Subban, for example, Toronto, Philly and Edmonton could make room for him even if the cap goes down and those teams have players like Horcoff, Pronger and 3 or 4 Leafs that could be bought out.
Good point. I'm curious why we have not seen many offer sheets in the NHL, I see it as a very effective strategy. IMO teams should at the very least send out offer sheets to their division rivals for salary amounts just below the compensation thresholds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I'm confused by Bergevin's handling of Subban. Do they think this will fly when Galchenyuk has finished his ELC?
I do not expect this to fly when Galchenyuk has finished his ELC. I expect that like Subban, and unlike Pacioretty and Price, Galchenyuk will be a proven player when he completes his ELC.

However, Subban has to deal with certain obstacles that cause people to erroneously underestimate his worth as a hockey player; i.e. to fail to recognize that he was our team's no. 2 dman in 2010-2011 and no. 1 dman in 2011-2012, playing 25 minutes a game in all situations and doing so effectively. In spite of his performance, people believe Subban is a "project" who needs to prove himself, who should be put in his place in terms of salary, and that he has too much attitude and not enough "respect".

I expect that Alex Galchenyuk will not be affected by these obstacles.