View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 11:23 PM
Stickmata

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hateseed View Post
I'm willing to bet on no season at this point.
I said this the minute I heard the words Don Fehr and NHLPA in the same sentence and I can't understand why anyone associated with hockey is surprised by where we are and where we're headed. The owners made a bad deal 8 years ago and they are not making a fair return on their investment. Not even close. Anything even remotely close to the status quo is a non-starter to them, which should come as a surprise to nobody.

On the other side of the coin, you have probably the biggest egomaniac in all of labor relations in this country. A master manipulator and spin doctor, who has a deep desire to 'win', not settle.

A long lockout was a foregone conclusion a long time ago and neither side is surprised by it. That's why they weren't negotiating way in advance of the expiration of the CBA, because they both knew the gap was enormous and negotiation outside of financial pressure was going to be a total waste of time.

I give it a slim chance we see hockey this year and that will only happen if there is significant movement by the players before the end of November. Absent that, they're out all year. And maybe even the next.