View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 10:25 PM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Yeah, agree, I'm not much of a fan of a kidline getting difficult assignments at the NHL level. They should be able to handle it here and the time is now to improve their game and see what they can do in allround play.

As far as Yakupov he's the strongest of the bunch imo and much better defensively then people seem to give him credit for. This is a more complete player. I've been very impressed by Yakupov from what I've seen. He also really understands the transition game and how to turn defence to offence. He's a great NZ player imo. An isolated view perhaps but I think people will really be surprised. This being a player that dominates all over the ice.
Yakupov might be the strongest physically but i've never see him pay too much to the defensive side. He reminds me of Bure who always use to float high in the defensive zone constantly looking for the breakout pass to head the other way without much care for taking a man. Obviously Bure is a helluva compliment for the kid but not for his defensive awareness. He will always need a strong defensive presence on his line moreso than RNH, Hall and Eberle IMO.