View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikiki Bousquet View Post
Actually, I was making the same point. Drafting should always be done according to the chances of making the NHL, judging by their present talent and potential.

As for Lindholm, I'm just saying that heights and weights are almost always distorted. I remember posters saying that Galchenyuk was 6"3 and taller than Grigorenko, backing their claims with doubtful links. Now, if I can't measure them myself, I tend to wait until the combine for more "official" numbers.
You are right, but Lindholm plays in a professional league, not a developmental one (meaning measurements are less likely to be generous, since they aren't trying to impress anyone), and it's clear Lindholm has at least decent size if you watch him playing with the other Swedish prospects to use as reference. He's not obviously a huge tank the way Barkov is, but he's comfortable playing physically against adults, something you can't say about Drouin.

Compare Lindholm to someone like Collberg, who puts in the effort but physically isn't able to force his way yet, that's not something you can judge from CHL prospects.