View Single Post
Old
11-13-2012, 11:12 PM
Edbleafs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
That's right.

People here are very aware of the past two "top picks" the Leafs made though, and most of the Leafs board was pimping them (Schenn, Kadri) out just as much as they are with Rielly right now. It's still fresh in their memories, I think they are annoyed by the hype machine (I know I get annoyed).

I've heard Leafs fans say Gardiner is clearly better than Subban. I've heard the same fans say at the beginning of last season Riemer was potentially to be as good as Carey Price in 2011-12 (I mean... WTF?). A lot of Habs fans are simply annoyed by the backtracking by some of your board as well regarding the whole Rielly v. Galchenyuk, when it was clear on draft day the vast majority of your board wanted Galchenyuk and now all of a sudden a good portion (not all) think they got a better player, and a player that couldve went "1st overall". It's the revisionist history being made by Leafs fans that annoys the hell out of most people when it comes to Rielly. And for arguments sake I'm not saying the Habs definitely got the better player on draft day, that's not something that can be determined so early on, which is again something that some posters on your board got excited by. Rielly went on a tear and Gally was slow out the gate, now the roles are reversed and it's pretty quiet over there?

For what it's worth, I'm a Rielly-fan and I would have been content getting Rielly at #3. But I am even more so content we got Gally. So Cheers to both teams getting great prospects this past June.
oh really i never heard anyone said gardiner is better then subban
btw subban is a hall of famer to habs fans