View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottubber View Post
Thats probably a good way to word it. They just play a different game and its always tough to compare 2 players even tho at the same position, play different styles.

I agree that Morrow plays more of a physical style, but thats the one thing I think people, when they see DP more, will also see. Scrappy best describes his physicalness, and he definitely does not back down from confrontations. I think that as the year goes on, its also something he is working harder at.

I know he has been compared to Keith and Campbell I think mostly because of the way he carries the puck. But he is fairly stumpy and think engages players more. Keith has a bit of a temper but its not always apparent.

As mentioned above by some posters, DP wanting to pattern his game after Doughty is really good to hear. You dont have to crush guys but being even as physical as Letang is never a bad thing
There's lots to like about DP, but I've never heard of or seen him play a hitting game. Letang is one of the most physical #1 defensemen in the league, so projecting something akin to that from DP seems optimistic to me.

He's not afraid to give somebody a hard time after the whistle, but that sort of physicality really isn't part of his repertoire right now - though it sounds like he wants to incorporate it.