View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 01:38 AM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
If Belanger could have come close to his previous season he would be the ideal 3rd line C IMO.

55+ FO%, 35-40 pts, great on the PK.
I like a little more physicality in my 3rd line centers, but those would be very solid contributions from him, TBH I'd be surprised if he ever hits 25-30 points for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
3rd liners don't really need to provide much offense. They do need to be able to provide steady and consistent defensive play, something Belanger wasn't very good at last year, and actually looked overwhelmed and fustrated by the role of a defensive center on a bad team.

Not that it matters. Stauffer has been pumping the "dump Belanger" line for a while, and there were some rumors a while back he was a bad teammate in the room(something that was around before the oilers signed him as well) - so he probably won't be around much longer regardless. Which is too bad, because while I agree with you that neither Horcoff or Belanger are good 3rd line centers, I'd rather keep Belanger out of the two of them since he can actually win faceoffs consistently, while providing providing similar play to Horcoff at a much lower price point(aka, that of a medicore 3rd line center, or above average 4th line center).
I pretty much agree with everything that you've said, I don't see him here for very long either, hopefully Horcoff follows him out the door at some point.