Thread: Proposal: Edmonton + Philadelphia/Dallas
View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 03:55 AM
CSimpson18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairylikebear View Post
Don't act like such a victim by pulling that straw man BS. You knew what you were implying. This thread is not about Benn vs recent first round picks, it's about Benn (and Couturier for that matter) vs Yakupov. By merely mentioning other first round picks and (correctly) identifying Yakupov as a member of that group, you are making one of two arguments:
  1. All first overall picks are better than Benn; Yakupov is a first overall pick; Yakupov is better than Benn.
  2. Some overall picks are better than Benn; Yakupov is a first overall pick; Yakupov is better than Benn.
That's a lot of words but I believe that the actual implication was that odds are Yakupov will be better than Benn. Based on the success of previous first overalls and the projections scouts have made, this is true (although clearly there are no certainties in projecting career paths of 18 year olds). This is not to mention that Yak was far better than Benn at the same age.

I say this despite the fact that I would seriously consider the trade for Benn as I really like him as a player.

Also, you're kidding yourself if you dispute the fact that draft position effects prospect value.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote