View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 04:14 AM
clarkebr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Scheifele looks like a man amongst boys, he is head and shoulders above the rest of the OHL forwards IMHO. So strong at both ends, he really looked like an NHL player out there to me. It'd be cool to see what he can do with other world class players on his line.

Strome... well, he does get his sneaky points, but I'm still not sold on his ability to really impose himself at this level. He has the skillset, but if he's really bearing down it doesn't register with me. Maybe being stealthy is a true asset, I don't know, but I'd usually expect a guy with his draft pedigree to be more of a constant threat, like in fact Huberdeau and Scheifele are, whereas I still find Strome to kind of skulk on the perimeter at times and not really carry the play. I've seen him be more dynamic at times in the OHL, but I'm starting to think this "stealth mode" perimeter play is more his real persona.
could not agree more. That is my assessment.
However, having said that, he is going to make the team.If someone else could step up and put the puck in the net,but there is not much offence to be found.
He is my third line center that will provide some quality PP.

clarkebr is offline   Reply With Quote