View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 05:22 AM
Pseudonymous

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
"Now help" because he has an NHL pedigree, and is a more mature prospect/young player. So there is a sample there. Gillis can draw on it when evaluating what type of talent Frattin is... and what he may become. Until then, he holds his own on the NHL roster as a depth RW option.

He's a natural fit because he increases this roster's RW depth, and is the type of player Gillis is after: Is of average size, or a shade over, but plays big. He fits the mold. Granted, he's not the legit top6er this team needs, but having him here provides AV yet another option to roll him in the top6 if need be.

Basically, I don't think this team will get a legit top6er (many don't even include Kulemin in that class) without sacrificing other parts of the deal. This is why Frattin might be a better option because it allows them to keep stronger future assets in the package, while still holding out hope Frattin will close the gap with further development.
Well i dont think we're really that short on mid level RW's. Kassian was able to play on the line many times last season and with that experience, plus another year in the AHL playing good minutes, i think he'll be able to play on that line and I rather him grow in that spot than go with another mid level RW like Raymond.

I dont know, We really aren't short of options that we can test in spots, we're lacking players who we can leave in that spot

Well not really because I do think Kassian will fill that spot unless we get a top level 2nd liner

If we're not getting a good second liner, I rather get prospects and picks. Not ones that are ready to sorta play now and be fringe players on the team.