View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 05:38 AM
TheFinalWord

vCash: 500
I live in the GTA and have been to hundres of OHL games and feel quite confident in saying that Toronto is not a hockey town. It is a Leaf town and Leaf fans are the best in the NHL imo.

But Toronto has never supported a hockey team that wasn't a national team or the Leafs. The Majors couldn't even fill out their tiny arena and justify building a new one. Mississauga and Brampton have both done poorly for most of their existence. The RoadRunners folded quickly. The Marlies haven't done well (I'm not sure about this year, but in past years attendance has been poor) and even the OJHL has been contracting with 2 GTA teams recently folding.

Using Oshawa as an example of a GTA team being supported is a credit to people living in and around Oshawa. Is anyone really trying to insinuate that the majority of fans at Generals' games are from Scarborough west?

Toronto doesn't support hockey that isn't the Leafs and/or national teams and the proof is in the pudding. I'm certainly not attacking Toronto fans (I'm one), but it's hard to dispute the facts.

TheFinalWord is offline   Reply With Quote