View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 05:52 AM
Hammer79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsane View Post
I don't mind baseball, but loathe all things Toronto, and all this "we" stuff in reference to Toronto's team is nausea inducing. How exactly did they become "we"? Because they play a mere 3000 miles away? Whoop de doo. I'll cheer for Canadian players, but it'll be a cold day in hell before I care what the Blew **** or the Crapturds accomplish.

Immature? Definitely. Subject to change? Hell, no.
Are you old enough to remember the '92 and '93 world series? If so, do you remember how crazy it drove the Americans that the championship team for their national pastime resided outside of the USA? Remember when the US Marines Corps flew our flag upside down during the national anthem?

http://www.bluejayhunter.com/2012/06...-canadian.html

I'm anti-Maple Leafs, not anti-Toronto... I don't mind seeing the Raptors do well, and I've always put the Jays above the Mariners. The Blue Jays home market includes the entire country, which is why their games are on sportsnet coast-to-coast. The Seattle Mariners management might appreciate Canadian fans filling their stands, but if they win, they won't likely recognize their Vancouver fan base.

Hammer79 is offline   Reply With Quote