View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 06:17 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
Well i dont think we're really that short on mid level RW's. Kassian was able to play on the line many times last season and with that experience, plus another year in the AHL playing good minutes, i think he'll be able to play on that line and I rather him grow in that spot than go with another mid level RW like Raymond.

I dont know, We really aren't short of options that we can test in spots, we're lacking players who we can leave in that spot

Well not really because I do think Kassian will fill that spot unless we get a top level 2nd liner

If we're not getting a good second liner, I rather get prospects and picks. Not ones that are ready to sorta play now and be fringe players on the team.

So instead of Frattin you advocate another prospect? I'm not opposed to the idea, but Colborne is too risky to be relied upon as an NHL regular IMO. He will have to be tried, but I don't know if he will stick. Therefore, I'm thinking Gillis requests a more established roster player come along with him. That's Frattin.

I more or less agree with your take on mid-level RWs, but is the package I proposed not in fact prospect + pick based? Frattin is the only "fringe" player there, and the Canucks need something "roster capable" coming back. He is that piece right now. The more future pieces are Percy and the 1st, with Colborne being the wildcard.

Kassian taking that 2nd line RW spot is ideal. Frattin is another shot by Gillis at putting a RW there. Let them both compete and see what happens. Odds are Kassian wins out, but then Frattin isn't exactly averse to the bottom6 game either, so it won't be a total loss.