View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 06:40 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
Yeah but we already have raymond playing on the bottom 6 who is more skilled right now and can fill in the top 6 better than Frattin would I believe. I think Raymonds speed helps kesler alot. Even though sometimes it doesn't look like it.

I dont know , just wouldn't be an ideal spot for a player like Frattin to flourish.

To be honest, i dont know too much about their prospects. I want to say i'd rather choose kadri because he could put in another year on our AHL team and he can get a shot when there is room. But to be honest, his strength makes me wonder if he'll ever make it in the NHL.

I wish AHL games werent so overpriced, i'd give kadri a real look because his skill is great and thats easy to see but is he filling out more still? is he gaining in strength at all? how is the size of his lower body, does he have the frame to even handle more weight in order to be stronger on his skates.

I dont know what package i'd put together because nothign interests me on that team because they aren't willing to give up anything of value, who knows if theyre even willing to part with a protected 1st. Burke probably wont budge on anything and he'll end up losing out.

Youre right though, its basically down to those prospects they could part with and thats simply not enough. I dont want a bunch of third tier prospects really. Maybe if it was frattin, 1st, colborne and kadri.. haha but that'd empty them

just seems like there must be one other team who is willing to part with a better prospect + player or prospect + pick than Torontos pile of third tier prospects

I wasn't really saying there was anything wrong with your package or offer, i mean it does make sense given what they have, i was just debating about how frattin would fit in, truthfully im not big on torontos prospects for a player as good as luongo. im right there with y2k on this one

I understand your viewpoint. Here are my thoughts:

- Y2K's opinion is hinged on Gardiner being returned. I don't think that is realistic, not if we expect a 1st rndr to come along with.

- Kadri, for all the bashing he gets, is still considered TO's top prospect. Replacing Percy with him increases the worth of the package, just based on perception alone. Although LiferLeafer and I agreed Kadri + Colborne + 1st would be fair, I just don't see Frattin being thrown into that as pure supplement, not with Kadri there instead of Percy. Not to mention, there are some that don't even value Kadri highly at all. So the opinions on his worth are polarized.

- As to TO's prospects, I like Percy. He plays a smart and patient game, and he can move the puck up the ice. There isn't a lot of offensive upside, but I like him just the same. Colborne is a complete wildcard to me. I can't figure out if he will fail utterly, or secure a 2nd line spot moving forward. High quality passer. That's one thing he does have going for him... But in the end, a project.

That package is just what I think VAN and TO will settle on. Gardiner and Kadri, the core building blocks for the Leafs stay in house. Colborne would have to unseat Bozak -- which I don't think happens this year. And Frattin is replaced by Ashton. Really, I don't think the Canucks will do much better.