Thread: Prospect Info: Round V, Pick #142: Thomas Spelling
View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 06:50 AM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
My take form just seing the few clips of him is that he will play for sure if he does alright so to speak (read not piss his coach off or whatever). With very little information, I would bet that he is closer to playing a lot and doing really well than not playing much.
Sadly something like this seem to have happened?! To Spelling's frustration he has only played 2 matches as a 4'th liner in SEL and has spend most of his time on the Røgle U20 team instead. His plea for being send on loan to an Allsvenskan (league under SEL) club was denied as well.

According to Spelling: "It is as if the coach doesn’t believe in me, and I never really get any feedback other than being told that “things are going in the right direction”. But he never really speaks to me, unless I come to him first".

Røgle has loaned out 2 other forwards, so he is "promised to play more in the future, maybe after new year" according to danish news (12/11) - but it really seems like an impossible situation for a player. Being headhunted by a club and then left hanging on the sideline, being refused to be loaned out while other players in the club are!

At least his production on Røgle U20 is good:
8G 12A in 17 games. (that's 6-12 on the ranking in SuperElit).

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote