Thread: Proposal: Buf-Chi
View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 07:14 AM
Zip15

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I think Adam is a bit redundant in Chicago. We already have Pirri and Kruger as C prospects who are NHL ready. But Beach is something we don't have on the main team.

I'll pass, but good offer.
Luke projects to be a LW at the next level. His skating and defensive awareness are lacking, and that's not a good combination for a center. If he ups his compete and straightens out some of his confidence issues--he's been a mental mess since being demoted last year--he can consistently score goals in the NHL because of his quick, accurate shot. But if he continues playing smaller than his size, he'll be little more than a player who's consistently on the AHL-NHL shuttle to and from the minors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
No thanks

Adam is really no different then Marcus Kruger at this point
Quite different players. I think Kruger projects to be a defensive-minded center, whereas Adam will be a winger who needs zone-start protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
How do you figure?

Luke Adam is a powerforward with grit and a nose for the net... Kruger more of a playmaker and 2 way centreman.

Luke Adam projects as a Ryane Clowe type player.. I really think you need to watch Adam play a little more before making comparisons.
He's certainly not that at this time. It'd be some benefit to him, actually, if he followed his fellow Newfie's(Clowe) lead and added some grit to his game.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote