View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 07:54 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
What your definition of a harder job? i think getting hit in every imagineable way, playing 82 games a year, and getting your body in prime shape is a pretty difficult job. Bettman looking out for the interests of the owners, speaking pubicly when issuing the stanley cup or at the draft, and not attending that many games sounds like a sweet job. Especially making 8 million a year. So a 22 year old defensemen making 12 million to play one of the most phyiscal sports out there is ridiculous, but a man sitting in an office, and to not get in the way of the owners making 8 million isn't?
Yes, I think being the commissioner of the NHL would be far harder then being a 22 year old 2nd pairing defenseman in Buffalo, and think the former should be compensated more then latter. At the very least, I think it's silly to balk at the money the former makes when the later makes that plus 50% more.

Also, I think you have an overly simplistic view of what Bettman actually does and is responsible for. It's no doubt a tad more difficult then you make it seem.