View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 07:59 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
Good lord you couldn't be any more wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
grunge is nothing like punk rock...if you don't like grunge then **** you.
Well, let me start by saying that I don't really believe in the "grunge" moniker nor do I believe "punk" rock carries any more anti-establishment virility than rock-n-roll did in it's inception.

BUT, to say that a lot of "grunge" wasn't straight up "punk" is a bit off. All the seattle bands in the 80's were considered nothing more than local "punk" groups until the **** exploded, even by the band members themselves. Listen to Nirvana's first couple albums "Bleach" and "Incesticide" or Soundgarden's first three albums, very raw and often very uptempo. Bleach is, lyrically and instrumentally, WAY more subversive and raw than the majority of "punk" music, the best part is it lacks that awful phony wannabee British singing ****. (green day)

I still these cheesy sub-genres are for witless critics looking to complicate the simple fact that it's just rock music because they need to seem relevant somehow. Playing with different tempos, changing lyrics, and changing philosophy doesn't mean it's some radical move, same dinner, different package.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote