View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 08:01 AM
Baronsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
Eberle and RNH are putting up points but I haven't really been wow'd by them tbh.
This. They each will blow up for 3-4 points in a couple games, then seem to get held in check for the most part for a couple games. I don't know if it's the half hearted effort, adjusting to the different style of play in the AHL, or both most likely.

The games they are dominate the stat sheet are the games that the Barons get a lot of time on the man advantage. Majority of their points have been with the man advantage I would wager, so at even strength they haven't really been that special, as many are saying on here.

Off this topic, but it sure would be nice if someone other than the big 4 and Hartikainen/Paajarvi/Arcobello start producing. Byers, Hamilton, Pitlick, Vande Velde, Lander - they all need to join the party at some point. Pitlick hasn't played bad necessarily, but my gosh is he snake bitten. After his finish last season and in the post season I was really hoping and expecting the kid to start out hot out of the gates. I was honestly banking on him to put up in the 40 point range this season.

Vande Velde, Hamilton, Lander, Byers, etc. are good on the PK, and have spent the majority of the time in the bottom 6. Pitlick however doesn't kill penalties, has been in the top 6 for most of the first 13 games, been on the 2nd unit PP, so I find his numbers to be the most disappointing of them all to be honest.