Thread: Prospect Info: Top 25
View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 08:22 AM
LePoche69

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Playing a few games in the NHL is one thing, becoming a solid player playing an important role is another. I feel confident that Beaulieu and Tinordi have what it takes to become legit top-4 dmen, but even though Leblanc is a good all-around player, I don't see him becoming more than an average third liner, or maybe a weak 2nd line winger. He's still really young and seem to be the kind of guy who has the work ethic to constiniously develop his game, a bit like Plekanec did, but right now I feel he lacks that special asset that could make him some kind of impact player.

Again, maybe I'm underrating him. He was indeed able to adapt his game to each new league he played in, including the NHL.
If not for his injury, Leblanc would have been Hamilton's best player, like he allready was a way better player than Geoffrion was last year in the NHL.

To me, Leblanc is a sure bet for regular and efficient third line duty in the NHL, with occasionnal mandates on the top 2 lines. That is almost what he was allready doing last year as a rookie with only one AHL season behind his belt. The only worry I have is that he seems fragile. I hope he won't become the next Benoit Brunet. People don't remember it -- we prefer to laugh at his misfortune and lack of TV analyst talent -- but Brunet was actually a pretty good prospect in his first 2 years, with some nice hands and some interesting moves. He could have become a very valuable second line winger with some goals and good all around play.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote