View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 08:25 AM
Bongo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
They have that right, they also have the responsibility to actually show up at the arenas.

No one doubts that there are great hockey fans in the south, fantastic fans. The problem is there is not enough of them in many cases. You think you can sustain a team with say 10 000 hard core fans and a whole bunch of people who dont care one way or another?

The question is whether this hypothetical number is going to increase, I think you could develop a market with this number initially but if after a decade this number is not higher ( or goes down) then what is the alternative ? Replace local support with rs dollars from markets where people actually care about the game?

The way some people act, you could run any new market into the ground with the worst orginizational skills and on ice product and if any one even questioned the viability of the market they must be have market vultures secretly hoping for the failure of new market teams. That as soon as a team is established, that team deserves to be there forever even if it is solely at the largess of big market money.
I supported both NHL teams. I bought season tickets for the Thrashers even though i had a media pass for the first 4 seasons. I can count on one hand the number of Flames games I missed once I started going. Someone told me in another thread that I was a "good fan". I don't feel like a good fan. I feel like a chump.

I don't believe the league will ever come back to Atlanta. They allowed ASG to pretty much kill their brand here. If by some miracle it does happen, they will get along without me. I'm done investing my time, money, and emotion in a sport that cares so little for the people who love it as much as I do.

It's not enough that we've lost our team through no fault of own for the 2nd time. Now there are some who would deprive me of the right to go to Nashville and support an organization that seems to be doing it right in a non-traditional market. Ya'll can kiss my dyin' ass.

Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote