Old
11-14-2012, 10:05 AM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
I thought I'd throw this out there...

I actually don't mind at all that this lockout might cost us the entire NHL season for two main reasons...

1. I honestly think the rags were cup favorites had the season been played.
2. The Isles have made such seriously boneheaded decisions in terms of their prospects in the past few years that I seriously love that no decisions have to be made and guys like Strome, Nino, Donovan, Nelson, Cizikas, and others are being left to develop in minor leagues at the correct pace. Not only that, but other guys like Josh Bailey get to play in lesser leagues while getting their overall game and confidence to a higher level.

The only downside of the lockout is that we would lose guys like Streit, Visnovsky, and Nabokov for nothing. Still I'd trade that for having our prospects more likely to reach their potential by playing outside the NHL for the right amount of time.
I'll be surprised if Streit leaves. I could maybe see Nabokov signing on for another year. But yes, Visnovsky is all but gone, IMO. Unfortunate that we lost a 2nd for basically nothing, but oh well... At least our system is deep enough that losing a 2nd shouldn't hurt too bad.