View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH1 View Post
I've never hesitated to criticize the Yankees when I don't think they're doing the right thing (it's a natural instinct when you also root for the Jets and Islanders.) In any case, as I said, I would've pulled the trigger on this deal with no hesitation if I were Toronto. So there's no need for that whiny attitude.

Overrated means that Reyes is considered to be a superstar, when in reality his numbers have never backed that up. We're talking about a guy who has hit over .300 just twice in his 10 year career, who still makes mental errors that you'd expect from a rookie, who doesn't play good defense, and who's played 150 or more games in just half of his seasons.

To be fair to Reyes, when he's hot he's an absolutely electric player, and he's definitely an upgrade over Escobar. But he's not the franchise guy that the Mets and Marlins hoped he would be -- which is fine if you're willing to pay $96 million to a secondary piece. Let's see how Toronto manages their payroll over the next 2 seasons before rushing to judgement.
They don't need to manage their payroll, they have an owner that makes almost two billion dollars every year.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote