View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 09:10 AM
Tomas W

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS Quint View Post
I guess I take my impression from a small group of hockey players who always go back to Sweden for the Summer and after their careers. They all seem to want to have their children grow up there. There's nothing boastful like Americans screaming at the top of their lungs how their country is the best, its more in the actions. Not that I see anything wrong with how loud and proud Americans are, some people get a little annoyed by it but I think its great. Or maybe its more about how they feel about the North American lifesyle.
Well, I am pretty sure that NA-cans playing in Europe also take thier chances to go back to america during the off season, after all there is families and old friends to visit. I dont think that you need to be very patrotic to get a bit home sick from time to time when playing abroad. I mean there is always stuff to miss when you not at home, there is always stuff (like food/enviroment etc), that is unique to your home country. And its not like that its impossible to find decent schools and stuff like that in Sweden. A lot of old retired NHL'ers also got a good chance to get an occupation within Swedish hockey or media covering hockey.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote