View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Shady Machine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
Everyone is entitled an opinion, but with Sid and a lot of his income now and in the future is based on marketing it isnt the smartest move in the world to put himself out there like that. Much like I don't want to know what political candidates he supports or anything along those lines, more is lost from stating those views than is gained.

Also, it just looks like he and the others are biting the hand that feeds them. He's a multi millionaire set for life who isnt even in his 30's yet. When people like that open their mouth nickel and diming us fans it can get people a bit ticked off.
I'm not really sure what you are talking about. Do you really believe by him saying things like "the league isn't interested in negotiating" that down the line Reebok and other sponsors will drop him (assuming that's what you meant by marketing)? Conversely, if you mean by marketing the league, fans aren't going to stop watching or buying merchandise because of one or 2 minor jabs Crosby threw at the league during a labor dispute. Basically, anything he says now is irrelevant to his future earnings.

And finally, it's not like he said anything absurd. He just said he's really frustrated and he doesn't think the league is trying to negotiate. I happen to disagree with him, but I don't expect him to call out his union.