View Single Post
Old
11-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Drizzt1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
I think a lot of people are not exactly getting that Ferh's job is only to negotiate and advise the players he can't reject offers himself.

If your talking about individuals then yes, some players are probably hating this lockout. In general tho I think most have accept it's the best for them in the long run. They are united more so than the owners, one has even bought tv rights for KHL games.

@Frency Yes, Ferh is an ruthless negotiator, that's his job... to get the best deal for his client. If the players don't like it, they can fire him.

Who do you think gives these kids like Eberle those contracts? The owners should be a lot more disciplined, I mean even in the summer you had teams offer 100 millions on players. How would you like it if I told you, you're getting X amount of dollars for a job then a couple of months later I say sorry I can't actually afford that, how about taking 10% less?
Whilst the owners offered those contracts, the NHL registered each and every contract knowing full well there was to be a CBA coming up.

It show a real break down in communication, both ways.

Drizzt1 is offline   Reply With Quote